Office Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy– Energy.gov Blog
Short Link- https://www.solarwindwaterdiy.com/?p=2423
- Mon, 12 Aug 2019 18:28:00 +0000: Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Offshore Wind Energy - EERE BlogLearn more about efforts to develop America's vast offshore wind resources.
- Mon, 12 Aug 2019 16:00:00 +0000: Top 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Distributed Wind Power - EERE BlogLearn about key facts related to wind turbines used in distributed applications.
- Mon, 12 Aug 2019 13:10:00 +0000: How Much Power is 1 Gigawatt? - EERE BlogA date most movie buffs know by heart, October 21, 2015, is the day Marty McFly and Doc Brown travel in “Back to the Future Part II.”
- Mon, 12 Aug 2019 12:00:00 +0000: Top 10 Things You Didn't Know About Wind Power - EERE BlogGet the details on a few of the lesser known wind energy facts.
- Tue, 06 Aug 2019 15:52:00 +0000: From Metals to Molecules: Small-Business Innovation Boosts Technology - EERE BlogEERE's AMO and SBIR have worked together in the recent past to turn technological innovations into commercialized products.
- Wed, 03 Jul 2019 17:30:00 +0000: Advanced Wind Turbine Drivetrain Trends and Opportunities - EERE BlogHigh-Efficiency Lightweight Generators Needed for Supersized Turbines on Land and Offshore
- Mon, 24 Jun 2019 17:27:00 +0000: Co-Optima Identifies Innovation Needed to Continue Momentum in Fuel Economy Gains - EERE BlogWe now know what innovation is needed to make real fuel economy gains.
- Fri, 03 May 2019 13:38:00 +0000: Benefits of EERE Small Business Innovation Grants Confirmed in New Study - EERE BlogDOE's Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy recently published a new study on the innovation and economic benefits of DOE’s SBIR grants.
- Tue, 30 Apr 2019 14:58:00 +0000: And the Winners of the 2019 Geothermal Student Competition Are… - EERE BlogThe U.S. Department of Energy’s Geothermal Technologies Office (GTO) is excited to announce the winners of the 2019 Geothermal Student Competition!
- Fri, 26 Apr 2019 15:05:00 +0000: Clean Cities Coalitions Celebrate 25 Years of Alternative Fuels and Advanced Technology Vehicles - EERE BlogFor 25 years, the public and private sectors have been coming together under the Clean Cities umbrella, to promote clean-burning, domestic...
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019 17:28:00 +0000: World Water Day: Recognizing the Importance of Clean and Affordable Water - EERE BlogIn celebration of World Water Day, EERE would like to help recognize the importance of safe, secure, and affordable water.
- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 20:08:00 +0000: Iowa Creates a Biomass Conversion Action Plan for State's Bioeconomy - EERE BlogImplementing a state energy plan can help ensure that a state is doing everything economically feasible to manage energy consumption and reduce energy
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 19:19:00 +0000: EERE Success Story—Making Precast Concrete Façades with 3D-Printed Molds - EERE BlogWith BTO and AMO funding, ORNL developed the technology to manufacture the precast concrete panels that make up the façade of the Domino Sugar Site A
- Tue, 05 Mar 2019 15:56:00 +0000: EERE Success Story—Maryland Advances Energy Efficiency in State Building Portfolio - EERE BlogMaryland advances energy efficiency in state building portfolio.
- Wed, 27 Feb 2019 14:21:00 +0000: Activating American Solar Movers and Makers - EERE BlogThe solar industry is on the move—expanding into new states and creating new business opportunities across the country.
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 16:17:00 +0000: Batteries Are Powering American Innovation, Manufacturing and Our Economy - EERE BlogThe Administration believes a strong American manufacturing sector is critical to maintaining global competitiveness and national security
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 16:09:00 +0000: How Much Can Wind Plant Operators Save? WISDEM Counts the Ways - EERE BlogThis small-scale field research project paves the way for a more comprehensive wind plant field validation effort.
- Tue, 19 Feb 2019 15:33:00 +0000: Rhode Island’s Clean Energy Industry Grows by 72% Since 2014 - EERE BlogThe Rhode Island Office of Energy Resources is the state’s leading state agency on energy policy and programs.
- Wed, 06 Feb 2019 19:39:00 +0000: EERE Success Story—Material Mash-Up Could Increase Efficiency of Concentrating Solar-Thermal Power Plants - EERE BlogA new metal composite for heat exchangers could improve energy conversion and cut costs in CSP plants.
- Mon, 28 Jan 2019 16:46:00 +0000: EERE Success Story—DOE and Alaska Housing Finance Center Team Up to Help Rural Alaskan Communities Identify Energy Savings - EERE BlogDOE and Alaska Housing Finance Center team up to help rural Alaskan communities identify energy savings.
National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition: Unified Solar Wins at MIT Clean Energy Prize
Office Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy-National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition: REEcycle Wins at Caltech Flow
University of Houston student team REEcycle won the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE’s) National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition regional prize at the California Institute of Technology’s First Look West Competition (Caltech FLoW) on May 7. After competing against its peers, REEcycle took home $100,000 and advances to the national competition.
As part of Caltech FLoW, 15 commercial-ready teams showcased high-impact clean energy technologies such as energy-efficient wastewater treatments, redox flow batteries, polymer additives for the coatings market, and novel window technologies. Teams pitched business plans for their technologies in front of a distinguished panel of judges from the finance and energy industries.
REEcycle emerged as the first place winner for their technology that reclaims rare earth elements from magnets in electronics, creating a sustainable supply of critical components. Rare earth elements are critical to manufacturing clean energy technologies, including wind turbines, energy-efficient lights, thin-film solar cells, and motors and batteries for electric vehicles. The company acquires used electronics from recyclers and extracts REEs using its patented solvent combined with low temperatures. REEcycle claims that its process is much less hazardous and significantly less expensive than current reclamation methods.
After winning at Caltech FLoW, REEcycle is invited to compete at the third annual DOE National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition in Washington, D.C. on June 11 and 12.
The DOE National Clean Energy Business Plan Competition promotes entrepreneurship in clean energy technologies that boost American competitiveness, bring cutting-edge clean energy solutions to the market, and strengthen our economic prosperity. Previous competitors have gone on to launch 57 start-ups, create 120 jobs, and raise more than $26 million
Office Energy Efficiency