14 companies have made the first move towards floating offshore wind projects on the West Coast, and offshore wind development is in full swing in Taiwan, Korea, Japan and other Asian countries. These new projects require different technologies, supply chains, and construction methods than those used for most European or Atlantic Coast projects. But major questions remain for those poised to pursue these opportunities:
- How quickly are offshore wind projects ramping up on both sides of the Pacific?
- What do C-level executives think about the prospects for developing gigawatts of offshore wind to meet national and state carbon reduction goals?
- How are federal and state policymakers developing the framework to support West Coast project development?
- How quickly can new turbine, cable and other technologies be commercially proven and readily available?
- More at https://infocastinc.com/event/pacific-rim-offshore-wind/