Gov Energy News-Wind Program
Gov Energy News- With almost 80% of the U.S. electricity demand coming from cities and towns located in coastal states, offshore wind energy has vast potential to meet this demand and provide the nation with clean, renewable, and reliable electricity. The Energy Department today announced the selection of three projects that aim to advance the offshore wind industry with innovations which lower the cost of energy and address market barriers associated with deploying offshore wind technologies. Some of the technological innovations to be deployed by these projects led by Dominion Virginia Power, Fishermen’s Energy of New Jersey, and Principle Power of Washington are highlighted below:
Gov Energy News-
- Tue, 08 Oct 2019 15:00:00 +0000: Energy Department Announces the Grand Prize Winners of the FAST Prize Competition - EERE News Releases
Finalists of the FAST Prize competition demonstrate innovative ways to accelerate commissioning times and reduce cost for pumped-storage hydropower.
- Fri, 04 Oct 2019 11:45:00 +0000: United States to Host 2020 SolarPACES Conference - EERE News Releases
Albuquerque, New Mexico, Chosen for International Concentrating Solar Power Conference.
- Thu, 03 Oct 2019 13:51:00 +0000: One Month Remaining to Apply for the Solar Decathlon 2020 Design Challenge! - EERE News Releases
One Month Remaining to Apply for the Solar Decathlon 2020 Design Challenge.
- Mon, 30 Sep 2019 13:07:00 +0000: Energy Department Highlights High-Performance Computing for Energy Innovation Webinar in Celebration of National Manufacturing Day - EERE News Releases
Energy Department Highlights High-Performance Computing for Energy Innovation Webinar in Celebration of National Manufacturing Day
- Thu, 26 Sep 2019 15:35:00 +0000: Energy Department Congratulates 'Plug-and-Play DER Challenge' Finalists - EERE News Releases
DOE-sponsored program challenged industry to develop innovative solutions to achieving broader interoperability between DERs and U.S. power grid.
- Wed, 25 Sep 2019 19:30:00 +0000: Energy Department Announces Phase 1 Winners of Battery Recycling Prize - EERE News Releases
Energy Department Announces Phase 1 Winners of Battery Recycling Prize
- Wed, 25 Sep 2019 15:16:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces Winners of Solar Prize and Two New Innovative Solar Initiatives - EERE News Releases
Competition is designed to revitalize U.S. solar manufacturing.
- Wed, 25 Sep 2019 13:45:00 +0000: Energy Department's Better Plants Partners have Saved $6.7 Billion - EERE News Releases
DOE announced that Better Buildings, Better Plants partners have cumulatively saved $6.7 billion in energy costs.
- Mon, 23 Sep 2019 15:55:00 +0000: Department of Energy Selects National Alliance for Water Innovation to Lead Energy-Water Desalination Hub - EERE News Releases
Hub will focus on early-stage research and development (R&D) for energy-efficient and cost-competitive desalination technologies.
- Wed, 18 Sep 2019 20:09:00 +0000: DOE and NOAA Announce Prize Competition to Power Ocean Observing Platforms with Marine Renewable Energy Prize Builds on Efforts to Spur ... - EERE News Releases
Prize builds on efforts to spur U.S. innovation.