Gov Energy News-Wind Program
Gov Energy News- With almost 80% of the U.S. electricity demand coming from cities and towns located in coastal states, offshore wind energy has vast potential to meet this demand and provide the nation with clean, renewable, and reliable electricity. The Energy Department today announced the selection of three projects that aim to advance the offshore wind industry with innovations which lower the cost of energy and address market barriers associated with deploying offshore wind technologies. Some of the technological innovations to be deployed by these projects led by Dominion Virginia Power, Fishermen’s Energy of New Jersey, and Principle Power of Washington are highlighted below:
Gov Energy News-
- Fri, 16 Aug 2019 15:43:00 +0000: DOE Announces $59 Million and 43 projects to Accelerate Advanced Vehicle Technologies Research - EERE News Releases
Projects address priorities in advanced batteries and electric drive systems, co-optimized engine and fuel technologies, and more.
- Thu, 15 Aug 2019 15:01:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $40 Million in Funding for 29 Projects to Advance H2@Scale - EERE News Releases
Projects will advance hydrogen storage and infrastructure technologies and identify innovative concepts for hydrogen production and utilization.
- Mon, 29 Jul 2019 15:44:00 +0000: Department of Energy Names Final Winners in Onshore Manufacturing Prize Competition - EERE News Releases
U.S. Department of Energy announced two winners for the final prize of the American Inventions Made Onshore Prize Competition.
- Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:51:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $50 Million for Commercial Truck, Off-road Vehicle, and Gaseous Fuels Research - EERE News Releases
Projects will focus on innovative research of technologies for trucks, off-road vehicles, and the fuels that power them.
- Thu, 25 Jul 2019 19:56:00 +0000: Secretary Perry Congratulates Recipients of the Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers - EERE News Releases
Established in 1996, the PECASE acknowledges the contributions scientists and engineers have made to the advancement of science.
- Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:00:00 +0000: Energy Department Recognizes Gundersen Health for Energy Efficiency Leadership - EERE News Releases
DOE recognized Better Buildings Alliance partner Gundersen Health System for impressive portfolio-wide energy efficiency advancements.
- Mon, 22 Jul 2019 16:13:00 +0000: EERE Helps American Small Businesses with $43.6 Million for Phase II Innovation Projects - EERE News Releases
American small businesses received a near-$44 million boost from the Energy Department's EERE Small Business Innovation Research program.
- Tue, 16 Jul 2019 13:35:00 +0000: Energy Department Recognizes University of Virginia for Progress towards Energy Goals - EERE News Releases
DOE recognized Better Buildings Challenge partner University of Virginia UVA for impressive energy efficiency advances made on its campus.
- Mon, 15 Jul 2019 19:36:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $121 Million for Small Business Research and Development Grants - EERE News Releases
More than 100 grants will support scientific innovation.
- Wed, 10 Jul 2019 14:00:00 +0000: Secretary Perry Recognizes Better Buildings, Better Plants Challenge Goal Achievers and Announces Better Buildings Waste Reduction Pilot - EERE News Releases
Secretary Perry Recognizes Better Buildings, Better Plants Challenge Goal Achievers and Announces Better Buildings Waste Reduction Pilot