Gov Energy News-Wind Program
Gov Energy News- With almost 80% of the U.S. electricity demand coming from cities and towns located in coastal states, offshore wind energy has vast potential to meet this demand and provide the nation with clean, renewable, and reliable electricity. The Energy Department today announced the selection of three projects that aim to advance the offshore wind industry with innovations which lower the cost of energy and address market barriers associated with deploying offshore wind technologies. Some of the technological innovations to be deployed by these projects led by Dominion Virginia Power, Fishermen’s Energy of New Jersey, and Principle Power of Washington are highlighted below:
Gov Energy News-
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019 22:00:00 +0000: Department of Energy Launches Round Two of $3 Million Solar Manufacturing Prize - EERE News Releases
Energy Department launches second round of the American-Made Solar Prize, a $3 million competition designed to revitalize U.S. solar manufacturing.
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019 19:25:00 +0000: Energy Department Announces $10 Million for Marine Energy Research and Testing Program - EERE News Releases
DOE's TEAMER Program will bring together capabilities from universities and the national laboratory system to advance marine energy technologies.
- Wed, 13 Mar 2019 17:30:00 +0000: Energy Department Awards $6 Million in Wind Energy Research Projects - EERE News Releases
Energy Department selects nine projects to reduce environmental compliance costs and environmental impacts of land-based and offshore wind energy.
- Mon, 11 Mar 2019 14:00:00 +0000: Energy Department Selects Four Projects for High Performance Computing for Manufacturing in Steel and Aluminum Production - EERE News Releases
DOE announced $1.2 million to support U.S. steel and aluminum manufacturers in improving energy efficiency and accelerating manufacturing innovation.
- Wed, 06 Mar 2019 16:00:00 +0000: DOE Announces $100 Million in Small Business Innovation and Technology Funding - EERE News Releases
Eligible small businesses that have previously received Phase I grants will be able to complete for Phase II grants with a duration of up to 2 years.
- Mon, 04 Mar 2019 15:10:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $31 Million in Funding To Advance H2@Scale - EERE News Releases
The focus of H2@Scale is to enable affordable and reliable large-scale hydrogen generation, transport, storage, and utilization in the United States.
- Fri, 01 Mar 2019 15:15:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $50 Million for Commercial Truck, Off-road Vehicle, and Gaseous Fuels Research - EERE News Releases
Funding opportunity addresses priorities in gaseous fuels research, including natural gas, biopower, and hydrogen; and more.
- Wed, 27 Feb 2019 18:30:00 +0000: Innovators Selected to Advance in Competition Designed to Boost Solar Manufacturing - EERE News Releases
A group of 20 teams will advance to the next stage in the American-Made Solar Prize, a $3 million competition to revitalize U.S. solar manufacturing.
- Mon, 25 Feb 2019 18:29:00 +0000: DOE Announces Prize Competition for Wave Energy Water Desalination - EERE News Releases
Prize builds on DOE efforts to spur U.S. Innovation through competition to accelerate technology development.
- Fri, 15 Feb 2019 15:09:00 +0000: Energy Department Announces Opening of Battery Recycling Center at Argonne National Lab - EERE News Releases
New battery recycling center will speed battery recycling and reduce U.S. dependence on foreign sources of critical materials.