Gov Energy News-Wind Program
Gov Energy News- With almost 80% of the U.S. electricity demand coming from cities and towns located in coastal states, offshore wind energy has vast potential to meet this demand and provide the nation with clean, renewable, and reliable electricity. The Energy Department today announced the selection of three projects that aim to advance the offshore wind industry with innovations which lower the cost of energy and address market barriers associated with deploying offshore wind technologies. Some of the technological innovations to be deployed by these projects led by Dominion Virginia Power, Fishermen’s Energy of New Jersey, and Principle Power of Washington are highlighted below:
Gov Energy News-
- Thu, 16 May 2019 17:30:00 +0000: Energy Department Selects Five Winning Teams for Solar in Your Community Challenge Prizes - EERE News Releases
DOE announces winners of Solar In Your Community Challenge, a competition aiming to advance affordable solar solutions in underserved communities.
- Thu, 16 May 2019 15:38:00 +0000: Energy Department Celebrates Energy Savings and Accomplishments of Better Buildings Initiative Partners - EERE News Releases
DOE announced the progress made by 900+ organizations leading the U.S. in energy efficiency through participation in the Better Buildings Initiative.
- Wed, 08 May 2019 14:36:00 +0000: DOE National Labs Partner with ExxonMobil for $100 Million in Joint Research - EERE News Releases
Ten-year agreement between National Renewable Energy Laboratory, National Energy Technology Laboratory, and ExxonMobil will bring lower-emissions tech
- Tue, 07 May 2019 13:59:00 +0000: Department of Energy Announces $89 Million for Innovative Manufacturing Technologies - EERE News Releases
Funding Opportunity Announcement tackles key Departmental priorities such as domestic manufacturing for energy storage.
- Mon, 06 May 2019 15:12:00 +0000: Energy Department Recognizes Eastman Chemical for Manufacturing Leadership - EERE News Releases
Today, DOE recognized the energy productivity achievements of Eastman Chemical, a DOE Better Plants Challenge partner in Kingsport, Tennessee.
- Mon, 06 May 2019 06:00:00 +0000: Energy Department's Chain Reaction Innovations Selects Five New Innovators to Join Third Lab-Embedded Entrepreneurship Program Cohort - EERE News Releases
DOE announced the third cohort of innovators to join Chain Reaction Innovations, a DOE-funded entrepreneurial research and development program.
- Fri, 03 May 2019 20:00:00 +0000: Energy Department Awards $5.5 Million to Apply Machine Learning to Geothermal Exploration - EERE News Releases
Energy Department selects 10 Machine Learning projects that could assist in finding and developing new geothermal resources.
- Fri, 03 May 2019 17:14:00 +0000: DOE Announces $33.5 Million for Energy Efficient, Advanced Building Construction Technologies & Practices - EERE News Releases
Funding Opportunity Announcement aims to develop deep energy retrofit and new construction technologies.
- Fri, 03 May 2019 15:23:00 +0000: DOE Announces $79 Million for Bioenergy Research and Development - EERE News Releases
Funding supports DOE’s goal of providing consumers and businesses with a range of domestic energy options that are affordable, reliable, and secure.
- Thu, 02 May 2019 17:29:00 +0000: EERE Announces $11 Million for Small Business Phase II Projects - EERE News Releases
EERE highlights from April 15 DOE announcement, $11 million for EERE SBIR projects